Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Home for Easter Weekend.

Hey y'all!

So much pita, so good.
So I just got back from an extended Easter weekend (thank you Catholic higher-ed) at home, which was a much-needed break at this point in the semester. While at home, I was able to fulfill my normal break-time duties (eating, sleeping, skiing), and was also able to make it to my hometown to visit friends while they were home for break. For those who don't know, my family and I actually live an hour east of where I grew up and completed high school, so I don't always see my friends when I do go home. So it was a treat, and not just because I got to nom on this huge pita in downtown Syracuse.

As I briefly mentioned, I also got to go skiing. Friday morning, my dad and I made the 1.75 hour trek up to Gore Mountain from home (Rome, NY), where we found beautiful spring skiing conditions. I was nervous I wouldn't be able to keep up since I've been out for the season, but I think my dad and I were both challenged by each others' abilities :p 

It's crazy that the semester is coming to a close so quickly! On my radar for these last few weeks before finals are: rolling (kayaking), top-rope facilitator (climbing) and Wilderness First Responder for the WP Instructor Training Program, some tour guide shadowing events with Founder's Society, the NELGBT conference with Common Ground, and hopefully one final hoo-rah on the ski slopes! (Oh, and figuring out what the heck I'll be doing this summer).

Until next time :p

Thanks for reading!

Oh, P.S! Just won this sweet alpine snowboard on eBay last night! Woohoo technology ;) Can't wait for next winter!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment