Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Home = skiing.

My dad, sister and I.
Being back home means a lot of things for a lot of different people. Good food, family, holiday parties, awkward relatives, etc. On top of those things, being back home over the winter break in my family always means early mornings and skiing all day, almost every day. Growing up, my siblings and I were all ski racers, and my dad a coach, so winter break meant training. Even now that none of us is any longer racing, we still get up early to be the first ones to the mountain, if for no other reason than we have no idea what we'd do otherwise.

Eh, maybe that's not totally true. My brother, who made the switch from racing to freestyle this past season (although he decidedly made the switch years ago), is now participating in a New York Ski Educational Foundation (NYSEF) freeride program at Gore Mountain. So he needs to be up there at 8.30 every morning, and the rest of us.. we follow for the snow.

And this is Nick.
 In any case, my family is a skiing family, so that's mostly what I've been up to the past week or so. A little bit of watching movies, a little reading, a little awkward, and lots of skiing. My plans for the rest of break: a little more of the same, and then a trip to New York to visit a friend who recently moved to Queens!

Thanks for reading! And have a happy break.

No comments:

Post a Comment