Saturday, December 29, 2012

New York City and New Year's Resolutions.

This Sunday, I'm taking a train downstate to visit my friend who recently moved to Astoria, Queens, to celebrate New Year's in the city that never sleeps. I love traveling to New York; I visited this summer and did a post on it, and often visited as a kid for cross country races at van Cortlandt park, as well as baseball excursions with my family, Broadway shows, etc. But I've never been able to visit in the winter, and I've DEFINITELY never been to Times Sq. on New Year's Eve. Needless to say, it'll be an experience.

My train leaves midday Sunday, and my return train leaves at 7.15 in the morning on the first. This is pretty early, but due to all the skiing I've been doing this break, I'm used to early mornings, and I'm sure at that point I'll just want to get home and sleep in my own bed, anyway.

New Year's, as many of us know, is more than the festivities. It's also a time for people to make resolutions, and for all of their friends to make fun of them for their resolutions. Resolutions are a bit of a joke... but I've decided to make a few anyway. Cause, why not?

They are as follows:

1. Eating Healthy - This one is SO overdone, and I know it. My problem is that I use my vegetarianism as an excuse to not pay attention to what I eat, and I've realized while skiing this break that my diet last semester will NOT cut it this coming semester; especially since I'll be participating in the Wilderness Instructor Training Program on top of all the skiing I plan to do at Jay and Smugg's. So, less fries and more... real food.

2. 4.0 GPA - I don't mean to talk about grades, cause we all know it's kinda lame to mope/boast about a letter on a piece of paper. But this has been a goal of mine every semester since I've been at school, and I'm feeling like this will be the semester I finally do it! But we shall see...

3. More "me" time - I like to be really involved at school, and I really enjoy the classes I take as well as the extracurriculars in which I'm involved. That being said, sometimes my sanity pays the price of my involvement, and my goal is to  give myself enough time in the week to decompress and do things that I like to do, just for fun.

Whew, there they are! Maybe I'll update y'all on my progress during the semester, but we'll see how this goes :p

I'll be sure to post pictures post-New Years day (probably sleeping all day on the first, along with much of the rest of world), and I'm sure there will be stories to tell from my adventure!

In the mean time, here's a little something to get y'all ready for the New Year's festivities:


Thanks for reading! And Happy New Year!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment