Tuesday, January 29, 2013

A Great College Tradition: Dinner with Friends(' Parents).

For some reason, people love traditions. College students are no exception, and one of my favorite traditions is dinner with parents.

Now Alliot, our dining hall (which is technically the Green Mountain Dining room IN Alliot Hall), is not bad. Some people love it, others would rather cook on their own. But no matter if you despise the dining hall, or think it's the hottest thing since [insert physically appealing individual of choice here] in a [speedo/bikini/etc.], most people agree that it's nice to get off campus from time to time.

And I am one of those people! It is nice, and this semester, I've already been treated to dinner twice by my friends' parents (I consider myself pretty spoiled).
The first time, we went to Vermont Pub and Brewery, which is sweet on so many levels. For parents and others of legal age who like to enjoy beer, I've heard that they have pretty good brews. Plus the food is great, and they have a surprisingly solid selection of vegetarian options (yum ;p). Also, their root beer is pretty bangin' too.

The second time, this past weekend, my friend's mom came up for her birthday. It was a ton of fun, and on Saturday we went out to Asian Bistro in Winooski, where I had veggie pad thai. I haven't been here as much as Vermont Pub, but I thought it was great, and I would definitely head back again. Plus, it's less than half the distance to Winooski circle than it is to Burlington, so it's nice to have good food so close. Also, pad thai.



And that's about it for now! Tomorrow night, SMC is hosting Bill McKibben to talk about fossil fuel divestment and the future of climate change, so you'll definitely see a post from me on the talk within a few days.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment