Monday, December 9, 2013

Baby Picture Finals Week.

Hey there everyone!
 
The students of Saint Mike's are currently immersed in this thing called "finals week." It is during this week that we take large cumulative exams, turn in final papers/projects, and work through other stressful situations that arise from finishing a substantial amount of schoolwork.
 
It's not easy to stay stress-free during this time, but I also think there's a lot to be said in pursuing non-stress. Sometimes you just have to tell yourself that you're not stressing, that everything will get done, and that finals week have relative limited relevance in the cosmic sense. This doesn't make everyone feel calm, but it's the exact opposite of creating stress for oneself. Most likely, we'll get the grades we deserve, and besides the effort we expel there's not very much in our control.
 
In recognition of this cosmic reality, I invite everyone to reflect on a time when you weren't stressed, maybe a time when you couldn't say any words, let alone 'I hate finals week'. For me, this reflection is rooted it some photos that my uncle sent me,  pictures of my grandpa and I when I was a baby. He's since passed on and I'm no longer the fleshy small person I was, but those moments of calm that were pictured are still real and relevant.
 
 
 
 
Don't be too hard on yourselves, take a study break, and laugh with your friends when you can.
 
Happy Finals Week :D

No comments:

Post a Comment